Zibiz Seaport – Contract#: N00178-09-D-5851
Seaport is a large IDIQ contract and encompasses the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management. Zibiz is amongst 1800+ SeaPort-e IDIQ multiple award contract holders that compete for the service requirements of the Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC, and NAVSUP), the Office of Naval Research, the United States Marine Corps and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
The SeaPort-e portal provides a standardized, efficient means of soliciting offers from amongst the diverse population of large and small businesses and their approved team members. All task orders are competitively solicited, awarded and managed using the SeaPort-e platform. Since nearly 85% of its contract–holders are small businesses, the SeaPort-e approach to acquiring services provides opportunity that fuels the Nation’s engine of job growth.
Simply stated, SeaPort-e provides an efficient and effective means of contracting for professional support services and enhancing small business participation. I encourage you to navigate through this website to learn more about SeaPort-e and our industry partners. The Navy conducts rolling admissions to allow new industry partners the opportunity to participate.
Seaport-e Functional Areas
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- This functional area involves the engineering effort required to prepare and assure that the detailed technical data documentation that is necessary to support system development reflects the latest design, configuration, integration, and installation concepts. Technical documentation may be in the form of paper, electronic (digital) or interactive computer systems.
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- This functional area consists of applying the engineering and scientific disciplines to perform technical analysis of, technically support development of or selection of hardware and computer software, or modification to existing hardware and software for systems, test facilities, or training facilities. This also consists of software engineering efforts and programming support required to technically support software implementation in systems, sub-systems, and components utilizing computers, electronics, and software. Planning, designing, coding, testing, integrating, supporting, and delivering algorithms, software (source code and executables), computer programs are the inherent activities of this functional area. Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions and product modifications (e.g., software tools, licensing, and associated hardware) which are incidental to the overall support service efforts are considered within the scope of this functional area. Generally, the software development processes used for software development under this contract shall be, as a minimum, assessed at Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 3 or equivalent, however the Government may specify other (either lower or higher) standards in individual task orders issued under the contract.
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) Support
- This functional area consists of providing information system software analysis, requirements definition, design, development, test, modification, installation, implementation, quality assurance, training, and documentation to meet the evolving data storage and reporting needs of programs and management. Analyze existing IT and IS databases, web sites, and IT applications and recommend new or improved interfaces and improved management tools that meet new management requirements, or improve management effectiveness and efficiency. Perform maintenance and technical support for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) that are outside the cognizance of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). Modify, implement and maintain web based information systems and links. Develop web-site structure, prepare documentation for population, implement and maintain web sites. Provide systems engineering and technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, networks, workstations and support equipment hardware and software that are outside the cognizance of NMCI. Conduct IA analyses, develop, recommend, and implement, monitor, update, and maintain, IA practices, procedures, equipments, algorithms, and hardware that are outside the cognizance of NMCI.